Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Life as I know it

Well, with keeping people up to date on Facebook, I have completely abandoned my blog. Sorry. Lots has happened since last April. HA! I haven't written since then. So, hey, at least it wasn't a WHOLE year.


Ry turned 25 last year and I think he enjoys it. He's a guy so he doesn't really say much about his age. I continually tell him that I'm a cougar for marrying a younger guy. Ha ha Yeah, I'll be the big 3-0 this year. Although, a lot of people freak out about it, I'm totally calm. Actually, I can't really believe that I'll be 30. I feel like I should still be 24 or 25. Only I want the wisdom of 29/30 with me. I guess we can't have it all.

We also added an addition to our family, but he may be leaving us for another home soon. Mr. Ulrich is great, but he's too much for an apartment and I don't think we can handle it much longer. We're hoping he can get a home with a big back yard to play in. He'd love that. We are taking him to training courses though to help him with his social issues. He just takes a long time to adjust to other people and dogs. What can I say.... when we got him we were (still are) in our honeymoon phase, so we didn't have much company to socialize him with. He's a sweetheart though. I love cuddling with him when he's in his "lovey" mood.

We recently purchased two new to us cars. A 2010 Chevy HHR and a 2002 Saturn Vue. God definitely blessed us during that situation. We had already been looking to trade in Ryan's car because we live in Ohio and winter and a Z28 convertible Camaro does not mix well. Then Herbie (my Civic) died. What fun. Thankfully, we were blessed to have a few weeks of me driving my Mom's van while we looked around and God just did everything all at once. What a blessing!

Life has been amazing though. God has never failed us. We are blessed and so thankful for all He's done for us.

Hmmm.... well, most of you knew that my Uncle Ronnie passed away on March 29th, it's always bittersweet when your loved ones, who know God, pass away. On one hand, you're thankful that they aren't in any more pain and that they are in Heaven where you know that you'll see them again. On the other hand, you'll miss them and it's okay to grieve. Even the Bible says so. My uncle was hilarious. He would always come up with the silliest stories. He never did get me that monkey he said he'd get me. Ha ha He was always jolly and definitely would have and did make a good Santa. :)

Sunday, April 3, was the 2 year anniversary of my friend Matt's death. It didn't hit me so hard on Sunday as it did on Monday. I think sometimes we keep ourselves busy just so we don't focus on something and in this day and age it's SO easy to keep busy. Randomly throughout the years though, he would be on my heart and that would persuade me to pray for his family and friends who were so connected and whom he made such an impact on. I can still hear his infectious laugh sometimes. It makes me smile.

Oh yes, our dear friends Jennifer and Brandon are expecting Preston and Alexis in May, personally, I think they will be April babies, but that's just me. Also, our other dear friends, Beth and John are expecting a new little one in October! How exciting! No, don't even think about it. We're not ready for children of our own, but no doubt that I will enjoy the new joys that are coming. :) My other dear friend Heather and her family moved to Florida last fall, that was difficult. I miss them something fierce, but I am happy for them. Yet another dear friend (yes, I have quite a few), Andrea and her family moved back to Ohio. I can't wait to be able to go visit her soon. I'm so thankful she's close again!

In August we will be celebrating our 2 year wedding anniversary. It's unbelievable. Time has went by so fast. I am even more in love with Ry than I was then. It's amazing when you think you love someone soooo much and yet it grows even more. The great part is that he loves me just as much and he never ceases to tell me or show me that love. Sometimes it's a glance, a touch, a smile, or a kiss that just tells me how much more in love he is with me every day. God's love is just the same. I wish the whole world knew about the amazing love of God. I can honestly say that my understanding of God's love has grown since I've been married. It's such a parrallel of what God feels for His bride, His church.

Well, that's all I can think to really write about, so at least you are updated and I'll do my best to keep it under a year again. Hee hee

No comments: