Thursday, January 22, 2009

Not going back...

This is a blog that I posted on myspace on 4-22-08. Enjoy!


You know how people say that you shouldn't look back that you should always look forward? How hindsight is 20/20? How that if you're continually looking in the rearview mirror that you miss something that's right in front of you? Yeah, I have heard them all and I agree with that, but I also think that sometimes you have to take a glance back and just see how far you have come.


This Sunday was somewhat of a milestone for me. I don't have to go into the how and why. If you know, then you know, if you guess, then okay, but in all honesty, it was a milestone. One that the devil tried really hard with attacking my mind and emotions with on Saturday night. I will tell you though, it was A LOT easier to tell him to shut-up and I got over it.


God's restoring power. I'm tellin' ya....God is just downright the most amazing relationship I have EVER had.


Anyway, back on track, while I have been thinking and digesting a lot of information this week and just reviewing somethings, obviously you look back and usually when you look back your response can be one of two things. 1. What happened? How in the world did I get here? I can't believe that that one thing that I did wrong led me to this point in my life. I need out! (Been there) 2. Wow. What happened? How in the world did I get here? I can't believe that God has brought me this far when two years ago I didn't even think I could make it another day. I am restored by the literal and powerful grace of God! (Where I am today.)


Reminds me of a song called, "Moving Forward" by Ricardo Sanchez and Israel Houghton.


"What a moment, You have brought me to, such a freedom I have found in You, what a healer who makes all things new.


Not going back, I'm moving ahead, I'm here to declare to You, my past is over in You, all things are made new, surrendered my life to Christ, I'm moving, moving forward.


You have risen, with all power in Your hands, You have given me a second chance, hallelujah, hallelujah, yeah, yeah, yeah.


You make all things new, You make all things new, and I will follow You forward."


Love you all!!!!

No comments: