Thursday, January 29, 2009

Wow...

So, this snow and ice combo has been ridiculous. I'm sure that there are some who got hit a lot harder than good ole' C-bus, but still. It was nuts. I'm glad I had the brains to put in a leave slip ahead of time for yesterday. I was pretty much stranded. Ha ha At least we had our electricity, some of my friends were not so fortunate.


Let's see, anything else new going on in my life? I went to KY last weekend. In tow was Ava and Jasper. We had a blast. I have my pics up on myspace and facebook. It was a great time with family. I thoroughly enjoyed myself. :)


On Sunday, I finally got to hang out with Jenn and Brandon. Geez. It had been way too long. Ryan joined us too. So that, as usual, was good times.


Monday I hung out with the Penha's. It had been a long time since that had happened too, so that was fun. Max (Heather's dog) is Jasper's dad and they LOVE to play. I mean, we're talking non-stop for the duration of my stay (about 5 hours).


Also, I'm getting prepared to speak at our first GGWM Charter meeting of the new year, so I'm excited about that. We have a lot of fun stuff planned for the girls. I'm going to be talking about V-day. Go to next paragraph.......


So, for those of you who know me pretty well, you know I am pretty much anti-V-day. That still stands true. Would my outlook change if I was dating someone? Honestly, probably not. Ha ha Isn't that horrible? My reasoning is this: it is a made up holiday that has nothing to do with the true origins of St. Valentine. It's a Hallmark holiday that helps people spend money. I'm excited for those of you that do celebrate and have someone to celebrate it with. I'm content with not doing something, but then there are the other single girls/guys who feel so left out when they don't have a V-day date. Depressed and suicidal...you get my point. I honestly used to be there......a long time ago obviously. ;) I guess I can leave it at that. Just my personal rant. Isn't that what a blog is for anyway?


Well, I guess that's really it for now. I know that toward the end of February it is going to be a little difficult for me. For those who are around me, please bear with me and pray for me. February 22 will mark the 1 year mark after my Mamaw C's death. I am so happy she is in Heaven with no pain, no suffering, and she's with loved ones and most importantly THE ONE, but as a human, I still miss her.


Grace and peace my friends! <3

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your blog is SOO gorgeous, it's totally up my ally...black and white fluer sign, bling and glitter...and best of all YOU!!!

MCali said...

:) Thanks Tanya!